DC Rx Card Media Center
Be Prepared This Flu Season and Save on Your Flu Vaccines with DC Rx Card
Flu season is officially here, and healthcare providers are warning us of a dreaded “twindemic,” a possible surge of flu infections alongside COVID-19 infections this fall and winter. With the COVID-19 pandemic still in full swing, reducing the spread of other respiratory illnesses like the flu is extremely important — and providers are making it easier than ever to get your flu vaccine.
Who should get a flu shot this year?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get a flu vaccine each year, with very rare exceptions. The flu shot is especially beneficial for people who have a higher risk of developing complications from the flu. Examples include:
- Adults 65 years of age and older
- Children 5 years old and younger
- People with chronic conditions like asthma, heart disease, and diabetes
- People who have weakened immune systems, like those with cancer or HIV/AIDs and pregnant women
- People who don’t have regular access to healthcare or basic hygiene supplies, like those who are experiencing homelessness
The DCRx Card can help anyone who does not have access to insurance obtain a flu shot for a discounted price. Just present your prescription coupon card to any pharmacist at a major chain at the time of your visit. To download your card, go to www.DCRxCard.com and save it to your phone. You can also print it out at home and take it with you to the pharmacy. Any questions on how the DCRx Card can save you money on all your prescriptions, email Program Director Allan Browder at email@example.com.